Skip to main content

It was all my fault (heated quarrel between siblings which got ugly) | Essay for kids | Elijah Wee | Singapore

Here is a featured essay "It was all my fault" I wrote in class during my Primary Five days at Ngee Ann Primary School. Quarrels among siblings are very common. However at times, things could go out of hand ... 

            It was all my fault.

            My sister, Nicole would always get whatever she wanted. From the day Nicole was born, my parents diverted their love from me to her as she had cute chestnut brown eyes and toothless gums. As for me, I was simply ignored and cast aside. This made me become as jealous as a Spaniard and caused many arguments between Nicole and me. Despite her best efforts, Mother could not stop us from being at loggerheads with each other.

            But that fateful incident changed everything.

            “Just because you are the apple of Mother’s eye doesn’t mean that you can have all the things you want!” I shouted, anger engulfing me like a fire-breathing dragon. “But aren’t you supposed to be kind to your younger siblings?” Nicole argued defensively. As usual, the tranquility of the neighbourhood was shattered by our shrill argument. This argument was about the new Apple computer that Mother had purchased for us the previous day. We were arguing with each other over who got to use it first. Vulgarities peppered the words that we spat out.

            In that fleeting second, all hell broke loose.

            With surprising strength, Nicole managed to snatch the Apple computer away from me. “You can never have it because it’s rightfully mine!” she jeered, grinning like a Cheshire cat. Anger surged through me like an angry snake. Like a bull charging towards a matador, I snatched away the Apple computer and used its screen to smash her head. Crack! The sound reverberated through the house. A million-watt grin was plastered on my face because I finally had the Apple computer, although its screen was shattered and smeared with blood …

            “Natalie, what was that?! Oh my goodness! What have you done to my dear Nicole?” Mother exclaimed in a terse, hoarse voice as she rushed over to attend to Nicole. Looking at the dreadful scene, I saw crimson red blood spurting out of her head continuously. Tears snaked down Mother’s sunken cheeks like a faulty faucet as she dialed for an ambulance on her Samsung phone that she had fished out from her pocket. Remorse and regret overwhelmed me and I plopped down on the floor as the enormity of the situation hit me. Tears began welling up in my eyes. “Oh, the regret! Oh the sorrow! What had I let my jealousy get the better of me?” I thought in abject misery as I stared at Nicole’s lifeless figure.

            It was all my fault.

Remember to keep your temper in check the next time you get angry with anyone or you might find it a little too late to regret your impulsive actions.


Till the next time,
Elijah Wee, Singapore

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bad experience with car wash and bird poop | Essay for 9 year olds | Elijah Wee | Singapore

Here's one of those funny incidents which could happen to almost anyone these days ;-) "A bad experience with car wash and bird poop" .             “Home sweet home,” Mr Lim muttered as he drove his car into the carpark near his flat. It was a sweltering hot Saturday afternoon. My Lim and his wife, Mrs Lim, were returning from a day of shopping. They were driving around looking for an available parking lot.  Sunlight poured through Mr Lim’s car windows.  The air-conditioner could not cope with the sweltering heat, plus it was extremely challenging for Mr Lim to concentrate in the blazing hot sun.             At that juncture, Mrs Lim spotted an available parking lot under a Flame of the Forest tree.   She gesticulated excitedly , “Honey, why don’t you park your car under that Flame of the Forest tree?   Besides, it would provide shade for the car from the s...

Stuck in the lift | Short essay, story for kids | Elijah Wee | Singapore

"Stuck in the lift" - an experience I am sure a number of you may be able to relate to ... but in this particular case though, it was a little worse than the usual one ...              Brave.             I had always thought I was brave. As brave as a lion. Not fearful of anything.             Until the lift had broken down.             I was waiting patiently for the lift doors to open. A mother and her daughter waited patiently. The mother, clad in a light blue dress made of best quality material, clutched her daughter’s hand. Her lustrous blond hair cascaded down her well-toned shoulders. My innermost thoughts were soon jolted by the familiar mechanical sound of the lift’s doors opening. If only I had reconsidered taking the stairs … ...

Incident of cheating at the exams (Primary 4 essay for 10 year olds by Elijah Wee, Singapore)

I am particularly proud of this essay I wrote when I was in Primary 4  (10 years old) at Ngee Ann Primary School - received my personal best score for this one, entitled "Incident of cheating at the exams" .     John was a lazy boy. He would always play computer games and watch television. One day, before his English examination, he began to panic as he had not revised for it. John took out his textbook and copied some notes down on the palm of his hand.     The next day, when the English examination had started, their form teacher, Mrs Ong, left the examination hall and the stern-looking Mrs Lim entered. As John was writing on his paper, he encountered a difficult question. No matter how hard he tried to think of the answer, his mind remained a blank state . Just then, an idea brewed in his mind, "Why not copy the answers from the palm of my hand?"     Before copying, John scanned the whole place like a robber on the lookout for men in b...